Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thursday, June 12, 2008
NewArrival!

Today at 2:18am, weighing 7lbs, 1oz and 19.5 inches long, my friends introduced their new baby boy Landon into the world. I will be going by to see him on my way home from work and cannot wait! Here's a pic that I was sent, so darn cute!!!!! Happy Birthday Landon!

Thursday, June 12, 2008
8wks!!!!


Whoo-hoo! We've made it further than any other pregnancy. My first was appox 7wks due to late ovulation. I'm soooo excited to have made it!!! And I know everything will continue to go well. We had our 2nd u/s on the 9th of June. It showed an 8wk baby! Measuring ahead! The baby is so much bigger and the heartbeat was so awesome to see, 151bpm!!! I cried tears of joy and relief. I can't wait to see it again! We have another appt on the 19th for our 3rd u/s and then we'll be released from the RE's office to our OB/GYN. YAY!

Telling Our Family & Friends
Oh how exciting that was!
Posted below is the link to a video of us telling my mom and sister-- it was so awesome!
(make sure you have your volume turned up! You can also make it smaller if it's too large and looks funny)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5617556583073821542

Then I went over and told some of my best friends. We gathered for a group photo and one girl who knew was in on it. She said, "Say Cheese," as the photo was being taken. Then she said, "Say Rashel's Pregnant!" Here's the photos that caught all the excitement!
First photo: "Say Cheese!"

2nd photo: "Say Rashel's pregnant!" --You can tell they weren't too sure, so they just smiled!

The rest are nice action shots of everyone's excitement once they realized what they just said!!

It was so much fun telling everyone. It's such a weight off my shoulders to not have to hide it anymore. I don't know how people wait the full 1st trimester to say anything.

Friday, June 6, 2008
7wks2days

Our next u/s is this coming Monday!! If all goes well, we'll be sharing the news with lots more people because I just can't hold it in any longer!!! I'm sure everything will be just fine! And we'll get to see the heartbeat better and more clear this time. I'll be almost 8wks. A little update on how I've been feeling so far. It's not been fun....but I'll take anything. I've been nauseous ever since 6wks started. It's usually when I need to eat something. I absolutely have no cravings and seem to have aversions to most foods. I'm super tired and probably could get more sleep than I am, so I need to work on that. Cheese and crackers are treating me very well =). And I seem to be doing better with carbs than anything else. Anywho...I'll post the new u/s pic on Monday night. Can't wait!!!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008
BigDay!!


Oh my goodness!!! Yup, that's our little bean in there. For some reason, I'm still in shock! Is this really happening? This is the first time we've had an u/s done and how amazing it was! Boy do I wish I could tell EVERYONE!!! We saw the heartbeat flickering for just a bit and I'm sure we'll see it even more solid the next time! The baby is measuring at exactly 6 weeks, which is great! The Dr. said everything looks awesome and we'll go back for another one on June 9th, only 12 days away!! Our estimated due date (EDD) is January 21st, 2009. Seems so far away, although I'm sure lots of it will fly by. I should be updating more often now and can't wait to share everything. YAY!!!

Friday, May 23, 2008
StrongNumbers!!

I'm totally stoked about the strong beta numbers I've had. It's sort of given me a little piece of mind. The 3rd beta was 4,413! So, it more than doubled, which is great!! I go back on Wednesday for our first u/s and cannot wait!!! I'll never forget that day, I'll never forget any of this. Sean and I were talking at dinner today. He said, "I'd really like it if it were a girl, but I REALLY want a boy"....haha. And I'm feeling the opposite right now. But, I'd take either or both!! Speaking of both...I woke up this morning and told Sean that I'm not sure how long I can hide it, cause the belly is definitely sticking out. He looks at it and says, "oh no, it's gotta be twins." So, I guess we'll see on Wednesday. We went over names, something we really haven't
done much of in the past. We're definitely going to find out the sex, but will keep the baby's name a secret until birth. We're really looking at the future with this...because we have a great feeling about it all. And we have faith in God that this is it.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Tripled???

Yup, my numbers nearly tripled! 665 on Monday to 1939 today!!! I'm so very excited! I can't contain it. This is huge!!! I told Sean and he said oh no! haha, thinking about multiples! hehe. I doubt it, but it's possible. He said he's more than excited! I have another one on Friday to make sure they're still going up. Then I have my first u/s on the 28th of May!! I'll be 6 wks. It
is early, but hopefully they'll see at least a sac if not a heartbeat....I will so cry! I'll bawl actually. But that's ok. Now, I want to tell the world. I want to scream it!!

Monday, May 19, 2008
HighNumbers!

My first beta was today and it was 665!!! I've never had one over 200 before, so this is good news! I just pray that it doubles on Wednesday and then again and again. =) The nurses at my RE's office are sooo excited! They couldn't stop hugging me and smiling! They are so nice. I'm a bit more optimistic now and hope we keep getting good results. Looks like I'm close to 5 weeks pregnant, if not there already. YAY! Grow baby grow!!!

Saturday, May 17, 2008
Really?!?!

I just tested and it was POSITIVE!!!
It's been almost 2.5 years, 2 m/c's, and we were on a break/relax cycle. We were out of town for what would've been our 2nd IUI, so we just made it a break cycle. I only stayed on Metformin, Folic Acid, and Pre-natals. Didn't even know what cycle day I was on...that was so strange, but it was nice. It was actually really nice. I took a test on Mother's Day, but it was negative. I decided to test today just because, don't know why. It was a + sign. I started freaking out and crying and Sean ran in, he didn't know I was testing....I said we're pregnant!!!! And then I became
hysterical. I'm in shock, this is try #3. 3rd time's a charm, right?? We got pregnant in Vegas!!
Called my RE (reproductive endocrinologist) and I have to take progesterone twice a day and go in on Monday for my first beta. I'm scared but ok, I think. Trying to be calm. I want this so bad I can't even describe it. I know you know what I mean.

No comments: